Santoku is a Japanese word meaning ‘three virtues’ and is used to describe the three primary functions; slicing, dicing and mincing. The shape of the knife makes it brilliant for Western style cooking as the blade is flat, deep and powerful, which makes the knife an excellent choice for cutting up heavy root vegetables, such as sweet potato, squashes and celeriac. The GS-90 is a small version of the full sized 18cm Santoku and is ideal for smaller tasks. This knife also features a fluted blade which allows food to fall from the blade with ease due to the air pockets it creates when slicing.
The GS-90 is made from CROMOVA 18 stainless steel, specially developed by GLOBAL as it holds a razor-sharp edge and resists rust, stains and corrosion. Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-58, each knife is carefully weighted by filling the handles with sand to achieve the optimum weight and perfect balance. Other unique features include its smooth contours and seamless construction which eliminates food and dirt traps offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene. The acute 15-degree angle cutting edge provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
The GS-90 is also available in a full-sized option, the G-80.
- CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blade, edge retains razor sharpness and resists rust, stains and corrosion.
- Acute 15 Degree Cutting Edge, provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-C58.
- Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene.
- Perfectly balanced handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Made in Japan