The GS-14 is a multi-function knife with a serrated blade. The serrations allow the utility knife to cut through tougher materials such as bread or allow it to be used with fruits and vegetables with thick skins and soft centres.
The GS-14 is made from CROMOVA 18 stainless steel, specially developed by GLOBAL® as it holds a razor-sharp edge and resists rust, stains and corrosion. Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-58, each knife is carefully weighted by filling the handles with sand to achieve the optimum weight and perfect balance. Other unique features include its smooth contours and seamless construction which eliminates food and dirt traps offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene. The acute 15-degree angle cutting edge provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
We sometimes get asked whether you can sharpen a serrated blade. In our opinion, the answer is no and manufacturers that say their sharpeners can sharpen a serrated blade are incorrect. So please do not try and sharpen your GLOBAL GS-14 Utility Knife.
The GS-14 is also available plain and flexible versions.
- CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blade, edge retains razor sharpness and resists rust, stains and corrosion.
- Acute 15 Degree Cutting Edge, provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-C58.
- Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene.
- Perfectly balanced handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Made in Japan