This 15cm Vegetable Knife takes inspiration from Japanese Usuba (Vegetable Knives), the relatively flat parts of the blade are designed to chop through fruit and vegetables and come into full contact with the chopping board and give a clean cut. The front of the blade is more curved like a chef’s knife, to allow the knife to be rocked gently forward after each cut and encourage correct technique.
The GLOBAL® SAI collection follows in the same tradition as the GLOBAL Classic knives and are made in the same fashion by skilled Japanese craftsmen in Yoshikin’s factory. An entirely new handle design incorporates an ergonomic thumb-rest to ease the cutting motion. The blades are crafted from special CROMOVA 18 SANSO material, comprising three layers of Stainless Steel.
The central layer with cutting edge is of CROMOVA 18 Stainless Steel, hardened to Rockwell 58-59 degrees and honed to a fine edge to give awesome cutting performance. This is sandwiched between two layers of softer SUS410 Stainless Steel material, which helps to protect the blade against chipping rusting and staining. A new, hammered finish is applied to the sides of the blade. This is not purely decorative. The air pockets resulting from this result in a better release of food being cut, giving the blade non-stick properties.
- Special three-ply blade construction made from corrosion-resistant 18/8 and CROMOVA 18 stainless steel.
- Unique convex edge of the blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Perfectly balanced and ergonomic handles designed in the traditional Japanese bushido way of the Samurai.
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptional long-lasting endurance.
- Unique thumb rest gives added comfort and control.
- Each blade is individually hammered by hand and designed so that small hollows create air pockets between the blade, so food elegantly falls away from the surface.
- Made in Japan.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is online ONLY! And will take up to 5 working days to processing.